The Seniors and Retirees ministry ministers to the needs of senior citizens and retirees in the Church and community at-large through Christian fellowship.
All senior citizens and retirees of the Church are considered a part of the ministry. The ministry is also open to non-members as well. However, the ministry’s leaders should be members of Jerusalem Baptist Church. If you sense God’s leading you to serve in a leadership capacity, you should contact the Pastor or Ministry Leader for more information or send an email to email@example.com.
SOME THINGS WE DO:
- Plan and take trips to places such as the Farmers Market, shopping centers, the peach orchard in McBee S.C., the Congaree Swamp, etc.
- We choose a queen or king for the day at each meeting.
- We bring in speakers to talk about issues affecting seniors and retirees such as health care, medicine, Medicaid, and other topics of interest.
- We celebrate the following holidays at dates to be announced: Valentine’s Day, Monday after Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, Grandparents Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- We enjoy ourselves just getting together.
- On most holidays we either eat dinner at the Church or go out to a restaurant.
- Meetings are held on the 4th Monday of the month unless otherwise announced.
- Meetings begin with song(s), prayer, and everyone reading scriptures.